How do I update the firmware on my Cruz Tablet T103, T104, T105?
To update the firmware on the Tablet T103, T104, or T105, please read the following instructions before beginning.
1) Insert a standard SD card into your computer's media reader. Download the ZIP file referenced below and save it to the root of the SD card, not in any folder. Do not extract the contents of the ZIP file, leave it as a ZIP archive. Do not rename the file. Do not allow your browser to change the name of the file. If necessary, change it back.
File: update.zip (*NEWEST*) - 67.3 MB, update version is differentiated by date: December 2, 2010.
Release Notes:Remove the SD card from the PC and insert it into the external SD slot of the Cruz Tablet. To be sure that you have sufficient power to complete the update, attach your DC charger and confirm the unit is charging. Be sure there is no USB cable attached to the Tablet.
a) Adds shortcut to preinstalled user guide on home screen
2) Insert the tip of a straightened paperclip into the Reset hole to press the internal reset button to restart the device. Release the reset button and then press the volume up button (Vol+) immediately after you release. Release the Vol+ button after you see the CRUZ logo appear on the screen. If you enter SD update mode correctly, you will see the following screen:
Note: If you see an Android robot with a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, then the process failed, try again being careful to follow the instructions closely.
Make sure your tablet remains powered. Leave the device alone and the update will complete automatically and reboot when the process completes. When done, the Cruz load will reappear and the unit should then load normally. The firmware update process is now complete.
Note: This process will not remove data from your /sdcard. It will however wipe the root of the device requiring you to reinstall all your apps again. You may consider backing up your 3rd party apps to SD before beginning for easy re-installation afterward using the Backup tool included in ASTRO.
*ALTERNATIVE METHOD *
Some users have reported difficulty perfoming the reset & button sequence in step number 2) above. This alternate method bypasses this step, but requires the ADB driver to be installed.
- Download the update file as instructed in step number 1) above.
- If you have not already done so, follow these instructions to install ADB: How do I install the ADB Driver?
- Power on and tether your Tablet to your PC
- Download and run the Cruz Tablet Firmware Update Utility and follow the instructions there.