ur new software update has exciting new features and improves NOOK's overall performance. Included in Version 1.3:
- The breakthrough Read In Store experience, now in beta, which allows you to read complete eBooks in Barnes & Noble stores.
- Sudoku and Chess
- Wi-FiŽ connectivity in more hotspots and a beta basic Web browser. Plus, additional reading and performance improvements, such as faster page turns and an enhanced home screen.
The software update is via manual download, available here or, for NOOKs connected to Wi-FiŽ, via automatic download over the next week. (Note: This update will not be distributed via the 3G network.) For an automatic Wi-FiŽ update, you may need to 'Check
for new B&N content' via the My Library area in order to initiate the update.
Get Version 1.3 Today
If you don't have a registered NOOK, or if you don't have Wi-Fi, you can manually download the software update to your computer and then drag it onto your NOOK. Simply follow these steps:
Manual Download Instructions
- Tap Settings on your NOOK's Home menu and make sure your NOOK battery charge is at 20% or more.
- Connect your NOOK to your computer using the USB cable that came with your NOOK. A new, removable NOOK drive should show up in My Computer (Mac users will see the NOOK drive appear on the desktop or in devices). You should also see a "USB Mode" image on your NOOK screen.
- Click the link above to download and save the software update to your computer. Please remember where you save this file on your computer.
- Drag and drop the downloaded file onto the main directory of the NOOK drive. You should not create a new folder on the NOOK drive or add the file to an existing folder.
- Eject or Safely Remove the NOOK drive after the file transfer is complete.
- Your NOOK will recognize the file and proceed to install the updates.
- Please do not turn off your NOOK during the installation process.
- Once the installation is completed, your NOOK will automatically restart and go to the Home screen.
- Congratulations, your NOOK has been updated!