You will download books in epub format, either from our book store, or others. once you have downloaded said book to your computer, do the following.
1. plug in your USB cable to the nook and then into your USB input on your computer. Most computers have a USB input on the front these days and laptops on the side or back.
2. You will see windows recognize the device.
3. Right-click on Start and go to Explore.
4. Locate your ebook folder
5. Find the My Documents folder on your nook
6.Grab, drag and drop the ebook into the My Documents folder.
7. Repeat as necessary
8. Unplug nook from computer
9. On the nook do a Search For New Content
10. You new files should show up in the My Documents folder.
If this does not work, or your Nook will not open the file, you will have to download Adobe Digital Editions
Do you have Adobe Digital Edition loaded to your computer? If not download the software here: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/#download and activate it. Redownload the book choosing to have it open in DE. Plug your Nook and it should show up in the software with a prompt to activate your Nook. Now you should be able to pull the book and drop it in the Nook.