The Nook Glowlight Plus runs Google Android and some owners are reporting that their PC or MAC charges the e-reader, but their computer does not recognize the device and they are unable to copy files. Today, we will look at what you need to do so you can copy e-books over to your Nook.
If you have a MAC computer or a laptop you need to download this file. This will allow you to browse and transfer files between your Mac and your Nook Glowlight Plus.
Here is how you use it.
- Download the app.
- Open androidfiletransfer.dmg.
- Drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files up to 4GB.
Google has released an official USB driver that should be able to have your PC recognize the Nook Glowlight Plus. Once you download the zip file you need to UNZIP it. If you are running Windows 10 or another modern OS, you should be able to extract the files without downloading any other software.
If you are running Windows 7 or 8.1 and do not have a default program that will extract files you can download WINZIP or WINRAR. Both of these apps are trials, but it will allow you to simply extract the USB file without having to pay any money.