Kobo has pushed out a new firmware update for the vast majority of their e-readers that give users a new homescreen experience. It now shows bright and vibrant images of the books you are reading that look really good on higher resolution devices. There is also a direct link to the Kobo digital bookstore and instructions on how to use Pocket.
Kobo rarely provides development logs on new firmware updates. Here is a list of everything we know so far in the 4.3.8842 update pushed out via WIFI to users today.
- New home screen. But, this is not be enabled for all people and devices.
- Series sorting in the library lists. When selected, the books are sorted as if the series and series index was added to the start of the title.
- Search on home screen remembers the last search used.
- Buttons on the brightness slider changes the level by 1%.
- The Gresyscale Dithering of Gradient colours has *finally* been fixed in the Epub viewer.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.