Kobo has pushed out a new firmware update for the vast majority of their e-readers that give users a new homescreen experience. It now shows bright and vibrant images of the books you are reading that look really good on higher resolution devices. There is also a direct link to the Kobo digital bookstore and instructions on how to use Pocket.
Kobo rarely provides development logs on new firmware updates. Here is a list of everything we know so far in the 4.3.8842 update pushed out via WIFI to users today.
- New home screen. But, this is not be enabled for all people and devices.
- Series sorting in the library lists. When selected, the books are sorted as if the series and series index was added to the start of the title.
- Search on home screen remembers the last search used.
- Buttons on the brightness slider changes the level by 1%.
- The Gresyscale Dithering of Gradient colours has *finally* been fixed in the Epub viewer.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.