Kobo has just pushed out a new firmware update for the Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0.
Here is a rundown of all the enhancements found in the latest 3.19.5613 update.
- Fix the flashing/refresh issues introduced in 3.18 firmware. Includes the chapter start, post sleep and panning in PDF.
- Gothic and Ryumin fonts replace with “Kobo Tsukushi Mincho” and “Kobo UD Kakugo”…
- Devices will sleep when plugged in. There were some other sleep timing issues that should be fixed.
- Improvements to Turkish translations.
- Japanese reading experience improvements.
- Correct book selected for “Current read” search.
- Keyboard or web view could have been blacked out if you slept/woke the device quickly.
- Improved performance for certain books with large chapters. This is for kepubs with lots of chapters in a single internal file.
- Other performance improvements for different formats.
- The option to turn off pinch to adjust fonts now works.b
If you want to install this update simply connect your e-reader up to WIFI and it should automatically download. If it is not getting pushed out to you, simply download the Kobo Desktop Manager application for PC and it will automatically install the update via USB.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.