Kobo is poised to release a new version of firmware for its first touchscreen e-reader within the next few days. It will bring a number of enhancements and key features that should dramatically increase page turn speeds and integration into the Facebook Timeline.
The next release of the Kobo Touch 1.9.17 firmware and Kobo Desktop Manager software should be out within one week. This will mark the first time the company has issued an update in the last few months. Here is a taste of the new features that are going to be made available:
• Improved recognition of page-turn taps
• Home screen correctly remembers your carousel choice
• Improved sync performance
• Fixed rendering of menu items where a word is highlighted
• Fixed trouble connecting to Wi-Fi in some cases
• Option to share your reading activity to Facebook Timeline
• SD card performance has been improved
• Other stability and performance improvements
• Improved syncing performance
• Hover over recommendations for more information
• Improved syncing of annotations between e-readers and desktop software
• Fixed issues with navigating to search results
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.