The Audie Awards recognize the very best in the audiobook industry. They have multiple categories for narration, production and various genres. The winners were announced at Book Expo America and the ceremony will occur later this year.
- Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book: The Mowgli Stories, Rudyard Kipling, read by Bill Bailey, Richard E. Grant, Colin Salmon, Tim McInnerny, Bernard Cribbins, Celia Imrie & Martin Shaw (Audible Studios)
- Nice Dragons Finish Last, Rachel Aaron, read by Vikas Adam (Audible Studios)
- Echo, Pam Muñoz Ryan, read by Mark Bramhall, David de Vries, MacLeod Andrews & Rebecca Soler (Scholastic Audio)
- Illuminae, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff, read by Olivia Taylor Dudley, Lincoln Hoppe & Jonathan McClain (Listening Library/Penguin Random House Audio)
- White Trash Zombie Gone Wild, Diana Rowland, read by Allison McLemore (Audible Studios)
- Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton, read by Scott Brick (Brilliance Audio)
- Lair of Dreams, Libba Bray, read by January LaVoy (Listening Library/Penguin Random House)
- Little Shop of Monsters, R.L. Stine & Marc Brown, read by Jack Black (Hachette Audio)
Excellence in Design
- The Hunger Games Trilogy Collection, Suzanne Collins, design by Kathlyn Miller (Scholastic Audio)
Excellence in Marketing
- Locke & Key, Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez, read by Haley Joel Osment, Tatiana Maslany, Kate Mulgrew, and a full cast (Audible Studios)
Excellence in Production
- Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book: The Mowgli Stories, Rudyard Kipling, read by Bill Bailey, Richard E. Grant, Colin Salmon, Tim McInnerny, Bern
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.