QuirkLogic has been gaining positive press with their 42-inch smart whiteboard that utilizes E Ink technology. You can draw on it or take notes on existing PDF documents and the whole system works in conjunction with the companies connected-writer system, anything you draw on the display with the stylus will be instantly stored for retrieval later and is stored in the cloud. QuirkLogic has just announced that pre-orders are opening soon and the product will be available in July.
This device will ship with the 42 inch e-paper display and it weighs 2lbs. It comes with a mount for the wall or you can get the standalone tower. The battery will give you around 16 hours of constant use, so you likely will need to have a permanent connection to a wall outlet.
Additional capabilities of QuirkLogic’s Quilla include:
- eWriters can transform from a single surface to multiple connected surfaces instantly to expand work space, span content or cascade pages
- Personal login with a mobile phone for immediate access to your library
- Content is persistently displayed – quickly pick up where you last left off
- Automatic content saving – simply walk away when done
- Connect and share content with others from the centralized content library
- Unlimited workbooks and pages, so users never have to search for paper
- Intuitive design with discoverable contextual menus – touch to copy, move, erase, zoom
QuirkLogic has been notoriously cagey about how much it will cost, but they did mention that pre-orders will begin sometime during InfoComm 2017 in Orlando, Florida from June 14 – 16.
Michael Kozlowski has written about audiobooks and e-readers for the past twelve years. Newspapers and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times have picked up his articles. He Lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.