QuirkLogic has been gaining positive press with their 42-inch smart whiteboard that utilizes E Ink technology. You can draw on it or take notes on existing PDF documents and the whole system works in conjunction with the companies connected-writer system, anything you draw on the display with the stylus will be instantly stored for retrieval later and is stored in the cloud. QuirkLogic has just announced that pre-orders are opening soon and the product will be available in July.
This device will ship with the 42 inch e-paper display and it weighs 2lbs. It comes with a mount for the wall or you can get the standalone tower. The battery will give you around 16 hours of constant use, so you likely will need to have a permanent connection to a wall outlet.
Additional capabilities of QuirkLogic’s Quilla include:
- eWriters can transform from a single surface to multiple connected surfaces instantly to expand work space, span content or cascade pages
- Personal login with a mobile phone for immediate access to your library
- Content is persistently displayed – quickly pick up where you last left off
- Automatic content saving – simply walk away when done
- Connect and share content with others from the centralized content library
- Unlimited workbooks and pages, so users never have to search for paper
- Intuitive design with discoverable contextual menus – touch to copy, move, erase, zoom
QuirkLogic has been notoriously cagey about how much it will cost, but they did mention that pre-orders will begin sometime during InfoComm 2017 in Orlando, Florida from June 14 – 16.