Kobo has just issued a firmware update for almost all of their e-readers. If you love versatility in managing big ebook collections, you will likely want to install 4.6.9960 right away.
- Introducing the Manage Books feature:
Under My Books, you can now select several books at once, mark them as finished or unread, remove them, or add them to collections.
- To get started, tap the ‘…’ icon in the grey bar near the top of the screen, and choose Manage books.
My Books section:
- Enjoy a cleaner layout of information, including the Filter and Sort menus.
- Access options for a book by long-pressing on its cover or tapping ‘…’ next to it.
- Jump to any section page by tapping Go to page at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the middle of your page to open reading menus, access the Table of Contents, or adjust Reading Settings.
- If you haven’t selected a preferred font face, you’ll see the Publisher Default.
- Your screen will refresh after every chapter instead of every six pages. You can change this in Reading Settings any time.
Issues we’ve resolved:
- Archived books could remain synced to your Kobo eReader.
- Date Published was not displayed on books’ item
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.