Kobo has just issued a firmware update for almost all of their e-readers. If you love versatility in managing big ebook collections, you will likely want to install 4.6.9960 right away.
- Introducing the Manage Books feature:
Under My Books, you can now select several books at once, mark them as finished or unread, remove them, or add them to collections.
- To get started, tap the ‘…’ icon in the grey bar near the top of the screen, and choose Manage books.
My Books section:
- Enjoy a cleaner layout of information, including the Filter and Sort menus.
- Access options for a book by long-pressing on its cover or tapping ‘…’ next to it.
- Jump to any section page by tapping Go to page at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the middle of your page to open reading menus, access the Table of Contents, or adjust Reading Settings.
- If you haven’t selected a preferred font face, you’ll see the Publisher Default.
- Your screen will refresh after every chapter instead of every six pages. You can change this in Reading Settings any time.
Issues we’ve resolved:
- Archived books could remain synced to your Kobo eReader.
- Date Published was not displayed on books’ item
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.