The Kobo Libra H2O will be available this week and there is a new firmware update that is now available. This was billed as bug fixes and updates, but Good e-Reader has learned there are many improvements.
- About view now shows advertised storage capacity.
- Header/footer is now chapter(top)/book progress(bottom). There is an off setting for each. They are also smaller and less intrusive.
- There is a progress bar at the bottom of the screen, which can be turned off.
- The status bar and toolbar at the top are quite a bit more compact. It also shows the current time on the top-right beside the battery level instead of cycling between percent read and so on.
- Touch accuracy improvements.
- Fix for series name being cut off vertically.
- Pinch to zoom is either less sensitive or gone for PDFs (you can still double tap or use the controls).
- Many alignment issues in the UI have been fixed.
- Various large print mode fixes.
- Various annotation improvements.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.