Sony has just pushed out a new firmware update for the DPT-RP1 and DPT-CP1. The 1.6 build includes faster page turns and the pen latency has been improved by over 30%. These feature enhancements were made based on customer feedback and the desire to continue to improve the experience of the user and aid them in their ability to have a paperless workflow.
Software Updates Includes:
- Improvements to Writing Function – Pen latency has been improved approximately 30%
- Table of Contents – Experience a better organized document with addition of the table of contents page. Users can navigate more quickly by jumping to various pages from the table of contents in a PDF file.
- Page Jump – Jump to a specific page anywhere in the document.
- Pinch-in/out (zoom) – No longer are you required to use the stylus to zoom. Simply pinch in and out to enlarge and shrink different sections of the document. \
- Copy File on DP – Easily and quickly make a copy of a document using the pull-down menu on the Digital Paper device itself rather than through the app.
- Black Pen color addition – Mark up your document in black & red, or blue & red colors. (Prior to this update only blue & red colors were offered)
- Security has been enhanced and minor bugs have been addressed.
- Minor bugs have been addressed for the Digital Paper Application.
The best way to download the firmware update to your Sony E-Reader is to download their desktop software for PC or MAC.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.