Sony has just pushed out a new firmware update for the DPT-RP1 and DPT-CP1. The 1.6 build includes faster page turns and the pen latency has been improved by over 30%. These feature enhancements were made based on customer feedback and the desire to continue to improve the experience of the user and aid them in their ability to have a paperless workflow.
Software Updates Includes:
- Improvements to Writing Function – Pen latency has been improved approximately 30%
- Table of Contents – Experience a better organized document with addition of the table of contents page. Users can navigate more quickly by jumping to various pages from the table of contents in a PDF file.
- Page Jump – Jump to a specific page anywhere in the document.
- Pinch-in/out (zoom) – No longer are you required to use the stylus to zoom. Simply pinch in and out to enlarge and shrink different sections of the document. \
- Copy File on DP – Easily and quickly make a copy of a document using the pull-down menu on the Digital Paper device itself rather than through the app.
- Black Pen color addition – Mark up your document in black & red, or blue & red colors. (Prior to this update only blue & red colors were offered)
- Security has been enhanced and minor bugs have been addressed.
- Minor bugs have been addressed for the Digital Paper Application.
The best way to download the firmware update to your Sony E-Reader is to download their desktop software for PC or MAC.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.