Sony is going to be releasing a brand new firmware update for the second generation Digital Paper on May 30th. The company is also going to unveil a brand new Sony Digital Paper Mobile Application for Android and iOS in June.
• Screen Capture/Display Output Mode—connect via PC or Mac to a projector and display the contents on the Digital Paper screen, including real-time handwriting and mark-up, to a larger audience
• Interactive PDF and Smart Forms—populate forms using drop-down menus, check boxes and radio buttons for easy, structured data capture
• Page Jump—enter a page number and go directly to that specific page
• Pan and Zoom—move the display area after a page or portion of the page has been enlarged
• Automatic Page Rotation—pages from a document, book or article will automatically rotate as needed to optimize the reading experience
• Page Thumbnails Mode—view 16 pages of a document, book or article at one time
In order to get access to the new firmware update you have to download the latest Digital Paper Application (DPA) software file for PC or MACS from www.sony.net/dpapp.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.