The Amazon Echo is a fairly pricey piece of hardware, but what about if you could get the full Alexa voice assistant experience at a fraction of the cost? Triby is the first non-Amazon device that gives you the full Alexa experience without the need to buy an Echo.
Triby is a new product made by a company named Invoxia. It first burst onto the scene in September of last year, when it was quickly noticed and invested in by Amazon. The result of that investment became apparent in late April when Inoxia announced that Triby would be the first device not built by Amazon to feature the Alexa voice service.
Here are the key features
- Use the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, get the news, set alarms, control smart home devices, and more using just your voice. Just say the wake word “Alexa” and Triby responds instantly.
- Experience awesome sound quality thanks to Triby’s In Vivo Acoustic technology
- Preset Internet radio stations and Spotify playlists for one-button access
- Make calls over VoIP or with a paired smartphone from 15 feet away
- Draw and share doodles and texts from your smartphone to Triby’s alway-on display
- Stick Triby to the fridge with its magnetized back
- Enjoy up to 2 days of battery life. Charge with micro USB.
- Required free Triby companion app available on iOS (iOS8 and above) & Android