Audiobook Month is a celebration of the audiobook format and many retailers in the space are running promotions and giveaways for free content. Everyone involved in digital audio are trying to draw attention to the format and encourage new listers to give it a try.
All month long Good e-Reader will be updating this post with all sorts of deals, discounts and free audiobooks.
- Audiobooks.com are giving away five premium free title giveaways will run each Thursday in June for 24 hours only. These titles will be unveiled at 9 a.m. EST on their giveaway date, and will include popular genres such as memoir, historical romance, mystery, YA fiction, and personal development. They are also running a free contest in which entrants can win a grand prize of a Sonos PLAY:5 ($499 value). Additional prizes include the new iPad 32GB ($329 value), a pair of Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones ($299.95 value), or one of 30 one-year gift subscriptions to Audiobooks.com
- The Audiobook Publishers Association has just posted a massive list of all the different websites running giveaways on specific days. There are also a number of authors doing blog tours to answer questions and to give copies of their audiobooks away.
- Free Amazon Prime Trial – get access to Audible Channels and 2 free audioboooks
- There are tons of deals and social media engagement on Twitter, use #loveaudiobooks
- Overdrive is running their Markdown Madness sale for their libraries which includes tens of thousands of audiobooks. They also have curated some audiobook lists that they can feature on their digital sites.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.