Amazon has disclosed that Prime Day sales have increased by over 60% this year. This dramatic increase was partly attributed to the length of the sale period increasing from 24 hours to 30 hours. Amazon also ran television commercials in key North American markets .
- The number of Prime members making a purchase grew over 50% to total in the tens of millions.
- The Echo Dot voice assistant was the best selling product.
- Amazon says that more people signed up for Prime yesterday than any other day in history but didn’t provide a number.
- Tens of millions of customers used the Amazon App on Prime Day. Customer orders on the Amazon App more than doubled this Prime Day compared to last year.
- Prime Day sales surpassed Black Friday and Cyber Monday, all on a day with deals reserved exclusively for Prime members
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.