HarperCollins has been one of the most forward thinking publishers of 2014. They have not only supported Vancouver startup BitLit, which gives you a discounted eBook if you prove you own the print edition, but also Bookshout. Today, HarperCollins has announced a massive new campaign that is running in conjunction with Humble Bundle.
The essence of the Humble Bundle campaign with Harpercollins is that customers can pay what they want for a collection of digital literary works from bestselling authors, like Neil Gaiman and James Rollins, while helping support the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America Emergency Medical Fund, a non-profit organization for authors of science fiction and related genres, and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, dedicated to the protection of the First Amendment rights of the comics art form and its community.
Humble Bundle allows for multiple tiers of donations, normally you can get a number of great titles for any amount you want to pay and gives incentives, where if a donation threshold is met, readers get additional titles.
Pay whatever you want and get the following eBooks;
– The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold
– Twinmaker by Sean Williams
– Busting Vegas by Ben Mezrich
– American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and
– Map of Bones by James Rollins with an excerpt of The Sixth Extinction
Customers who pay more than the average price will also receive:
– Angel’s Ink by Jocelynn Drake
– The Wasteland Saga by Nick Cole
– By the Blood of Heroes by Joseph Nassise, and
– The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho
Customers who pay $10 or more will receive all of the above, as well as:
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison and Trouble on Reserve by Kim Harrison, a Humble Bundle exclusive novella.