Last year Kobo unveiled a reward program called Super Points. It rewards you with 100 points for every $10 you spend on e-books and digital magazines. You can use the virtual currency to get free e-books, the average title costs around 2,400 points and there are over a million of them to select from. If you manage to accrue 4,500 points you can enroll yourself in the Kobo VIP program which saves you 10% off everything in their bookstore and you can also select one free e-book a year. In 2017 Kobo is considering some changes to Super Points.
Kobo has a secret program for their most hardcore users called “Insiders.” This month they wanted to get some feedback on some changes they have in mind for Super Points. Here are some of the things the digital bookseller are thinking about.
- Select discounts/offers from other brands
- Access to exclusive content
- Elite admission to Kobo-hosted events (author chats, movie premieres)
- Exclusive customer service line for VIPS
- Exclusive VIP-only sales/events
- Access to exclusive book launches and facetime with an author
Kobo is also considering about something that might appeal to customers who don’t really care about Super Points. They are developing technology that will allow select eBooks to be autographed or personalised.