Overdrive has announced that library patrons using their system have now borrowed over 100 million audiobooks and eBooks in 2015. This is a massive achievement because the company has only been marketing digital content since the year 2000.
Libraries have definitely been embracing the digital format. In 2014 ten different libraries in Canada and the United States had over one million eBook checkouts. This is a significant increase from the six libraries that achieved the milestone in 2013.
What type of eBooks are being loaned out the most? Overdrive is starting to monthly reports from over 34,000 libraries and schools allover the world. H
TOP 5 MOST BORROWED EBOOK TITLES FROM LIBRARIES IN AUGUST
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (Penguin Publishing Group)
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Scribner)
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee (HarperCollins)
- 4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Crown/Archetype)
- Grey by E.L. James (Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group)
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.