The Vancouver Public Library has just announced the most checked out books of 2015. It gives people a sense on what people are reading in one of the worlds most cosmopolitan cities One of the most interesting aspects about this list is that there is a lot of mysteries and thriller books. I think this is chiefly because authors tend to write these books in a series, and once a reader checks out one, they feel compelled to read the others.
Top 10 most checked-out fiction of 2015
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr (2015)
- As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust, C. Alan Bradley (2015)
- Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn (2012)
- Life After Life, Kate Atkinson (2013)
- Sandman, Lars Kepler (2014)
- Tale for the Time Being, Ruth Ozeki (2013)
- Bones Never Lie, Kathy Reichs (2014)
- Luminaries, Eleanor Catton (2013)
- Ru, Kim Thuy (2012)
- Crazy Rich Asians, Kevin Kwan (2013)
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.