Barnes and Noble is teasing a new Samsung Galaxy 4 Nook tablet on their developer page. This will be the second tablet that the bookseller will release in 2015 after the 8 inch Samsung Galaxy S2 4 Nook came out earlier in the month.
I think Barnes and Noble will likely be releasing the 9.7 inch edition of the Samsung Galaxy S2 that came out at the beginning of September. This is the only other tablet that Samsung has released recently, so it makes sense that Barnes and Noble will start selling this model too.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7 inch will retail at all Barnes and Noble Bookstores for $499! Who will be able to afford it? Has Barnes and Noble finally lost their minds? I keep hoping for a turnaround from the bookseller, but they keep pumping out more expensive hardware. What ever happened to the tablets they used to make that cost less than $200 and everyone bought one?
It is very interesting that Barnes and Noble has the Nook Glowlight Plus e-reader ready to launch and but they intend on releasing yet another tablet first. Then again, maybe they will announce them both at the same time.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 at a glance
- Display: 9.7″ Super AMOLED unit with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels; 264ppi; 4:3 aspect ratio
- CPU: 1.9GHz quad-core Cortex-A57; 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T760
- Chipset: 20nm Exynos 5433 SoC with big.LITTLE architecture
- RAM: 3GB
- Memory: 32/64GB of built-in memory; microSD card slot
- Dimensions: 237.3 x 169 x 5.6 mm; 389 grams (Wi-Fi model); 392 grams (LTE variant)
- OS: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with TouchWiz UX
- Cameras: 8MP main camera with 1440p video capture @ 30 fps; 2.1MP front-facing unit
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.1; microUSB v2.0 with MHL TV-out; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS; optional 4G LTE network connectivity
- General: Built-in fingerprint sensor; dual speakers