Bookeen launched the Diva and Diva HD e-readers late last year, and Good e-Reader will be reviewing these in the next couple of days. The company has just issued their first firmware update that adds a new OpenDys font and also supports a couple of new languages.
What are the new features?
- Integration of OpenDys font
- Ability to keep the page currently being read visible during standby
- Access the list of all selections in the online bookstore
- Possibility to return the interface for the DIVA model (option already present on the DIVA HD model)
- New languages for the interface: German, Italian and Hungarian
- Display of the loan end date in the appropriate language
- Frequent flashes disappear when entering text
- “Return” key in the reading correctly displayed for links, search and table of contents
- Improvement of the behavior of the close button of the preview when moving in the pages of a book
- Correct extraction of the covers of books protected by Adobe DRM
- Improvement of the management of recommendations (no arrow if no remaining recommendations)
- Download an archived book from the store unarchives it well
- The cover of the book being read is displayed correctly, even if the pages have not yet been turned
- Fixed problems closing the account creation window in case of error
- Images in jpeg and gif format are now well rendered in PDF files
- Multiple archiving of books is now well taken into account
- The time counter remaining before the end of each page / chapter is now more reliable
What are the graphic improvements?
- Addition of gray borders around book covers
- The size of the word definition text in the dictionary is now consistent with the rest of the interface
- Pre-order cancellation display window suitable for all screen resolutions
What improvements have been made to the operating system of your eReader?
- Improved battery level indicator
- Update via USB no longer blocks DIVA HD models
- Fixed device startup with very large number of files
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.