Energy Sistem has not released a new e-reader for a number of years and it was speculated that they exited the space and were going to solely focus on their wireless headphones and speaker business. The company has just unveiled a brand new device called the Energy Sistem Pro 4 and it is now available for €149.00.
The Energy Sistem Pro 4 features a 6 inch E-Ink Carta HD display with a resolution of 600 x 800 pixels with 166 PPI. It has a front-lit display and color temperature system, so you can warm up the screen during late night reading sessions.
Underneath the hood is a ARM Cortex A9 1.0 Ghz Dual Core processor, 512MB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage, which is capable of a maximum 128 GB via microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards. It is powered by 2,000 mAh battery and the dimensions are 163 x 116 x 8 mm and weighs 160 g.
This e-reader is running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and has Google Play out of the box, this will ensure users will have access to a copious amount of of apps.
- E-book reader with 6″ E-Ink Carta screen. It features 16 grey levels and anti-glare system to avoid glare and reflection while reading in the sunshine and from different viewing angles.
- Adjustable built-in light to read under any lighting condition.
- Lightweight and ergonomic eReader design that stands out because of the side buttons that allow both left-handed and right-handed people to turn pages easily and comfortably.
- Touchscreen designed to enhance your experience with your e-book reader.
- Wi-Fi connection.
- Android 4.2 operating system to download applications such as dictionary or cloud contents.
- Dual Core processor.
- 8 GB internal memory expandable by a further 128 GB via microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards.
- Rechargeable lithium battery that allows up to six weeks of use on a single charge*.
- Advanced reading functions to change font and font size as well as to add bookmarks.
- Furthermore, it includes 1,500 classics of Universal Literature.
- * Based on half an hour of daily reading, with Wi-Fi disabled and minimum level of illumination (“Screenlight”).
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.