Energy Sistem has not released a new e-reader for a number of years and it was speculated that they exited the space and were going to solely focus on their wireless headphones and speaker business. The company has just unveiled a brand new device called the Energy Sistem Pro 4 and it is now available for €149.00.
The Energy Sistem Pro 4 features a 6 inch E-Ink Carta HD display with a resolution of 600 x 800 pixels with 166 PPI. It has a front-lit display and color temperature system, so you can warm up the screen during late night reading sessions.
Underneath the hood is a ARM Cortex A9 1.0 Ghz Dual Core processor, 512MB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage, which is capable of a maximum 128 GB via microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards. It is powered by 2,000 mAh battery and the dimensions are 163 x 116 x 8 mm and weighs 160 g.
This e-reader is running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and has Google Play out of the box, this will ensure users will have access to a copious amount of of apps.
- E-book reader with 6″ E-Ink Carta screen. It features 16 grey levels and anti-glare system to avoid glare and reflection while reading in the sunshine and from different viewing angles.
- Adjustable built-in light to read under any lighting condition.
- Lightweight and ergonomic eReader design that stands out because of the side buttons that allow both left-handed and right-handed people to turn pages easily and comfortably.
- Touchscreen designed to enhance your experience with your e-book reader.
- Wi-Fi connection.
- Android 4.2 operating system to download applications such as dictionary or cloud contents.
- Dual Core processor.
- 8 GB internal memory expandable by a further 128 GB via microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards.
- Rechargeable lithium battery that allows up to six weeks of use on a single charge*.
- Advanced reading functions to change font and font size as well as to add bookmarks.
- Furthermore, it includes 1,500 classics of Universal Literature.
- * Based on half an hour of daily reading, with Wi-Fi disabled and minimum level of illumination (“Screenlight”).
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.