The Barnes and Noble Nook Glowlight is the only e-reader the Nations largest bookseller actively markets. It came out at the tail end of last year and is their second generation e-reader with a front-lit display. Today, the company announced that there is a new firmware update available to install.
– Improved Shop browsing
– Easier search capabilities
– Ability to redeem access codes on device
– Newsstand list view now displays issue count
– Whole page viewing now the default setting for side-loaded PDFs
– Bug fixes for stability and performance
The firmware 1.3.1 update is now available to be pushed out via WIFI. Its important to note that B&N tends to do a staggered release and if you don’t see it right away, just wait a few days.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.