The Barnes and Noble Nook Glowlight is the only e-reader the Nations largest bookseller actively markets. It came out at the tail end of last year and is their second generation e-reader with a front-lit display. Today, the company announced that there is a new firmware update available to install.
– Improved Shop browsing
– Easier search capabilities
– Ability to redeem access codes on device
– Newsstand list view now displays issue count
– Whole page viewing now the default setting for side-loaded PDFs
– Bug fixes for stability and performance
The firmware 1.3.1 update is now available to be pushed out via WIFI. Its important to note that B&N tends to do a staggered release and if you don’t see it right away, just wait a few days.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.