Oyster is one of the few companies in the world that has been a subscription based eBook service actually work. Right now you are only able to read the books on iOS and the PC, with a rumored Android app in the works. Today, Oyster has announced an upgrade to their app, that aids eBook discovery.
The new 1.3 version is all about design, personalization, and community. Here a number of enhancements the company has integrated into the new build today.
· A brand new “Explore” tab to browse our library by genre and discover the perfect book.
· New Home design has more prominent and beautiful Spotlight features.
· Follow Facebook friends when you sign in for the first time.
· Remove books from your Recent Books list.
· Access your Reading List from Home.
· See which other Oyster users have read, rated, or saved a book when viewing its details.
· Refined visual design, color, and typography throughout.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.