By now, most serious indie authors understand what it takes to produce a book. Sadly, for most authors, the writing is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. What follows is a time consuming and often expensive process, one that serves as an investment towards a greater final return.
But what if there was a way to maximize the value of paid editing? One company has a new app, available soon in beta, that provides authors with a “big picture” of their manuscript before they send it off for editing, helping them find some of the possible plot holes and character flaws in order to streamline the process down the road. The results of the evaluation are presented in charts, graphs, and sidebar viewing options, making it easy to give your work a final once-over before it goes on to the next step in the process.
Feedback For Fiction’s “Big Picture” editing app is in no way intended to replace formal, professional style and line edits, but it is intended to help you produce the polished version before you send it off. This kind of streamlining can save you time and money, but can also make sure that your editor’s efforts are best spent on more critical aspects of your book.
Feedback’s features include:
* Import Manuscript – Organizes your manuscript by chapter and scene for viewing in the app
* Rewrite Guide – Guides you through a comprehensive, scene-by-scene structural rewrite
* Scene Evaluation – Captures and reports on 75 Key Elements of Fiction for Plot, Character, and Setting
* Rewrite Tips – Explain the Key Elements of Fiction and how each is best applied to your writing
* Progress Tracking – Status for scenes, chapters, and manuscript keeps you on track to complete your rewrite
* Community – Share Feedback results and advice with other writers
Feedback for Fiction is still accepting registration for beta testers to try out the app on their own manuscripts, with full access coming later this year. To sign up to beta test and receive their free best practices ebook, click here.