The current generation Fire HD 10 came out two years ago and Amazon has a new model that is coming out at the end of October. The new Amazon Fire HD 10 will cost $149.99 and will feature a widescreen 1080p Full HD display; faster octa-core 2.0 GHz processor; 32 GB of storage expandable up to 512 GB via microSD, up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life; and fast and easy charging with USB-C.
The all-new Fire HD 10 includes:
- Beautiful display—Brilliant 10.1” widescreen Full HD 1080p display (1920 x 1200) with over 2 million pixels (224 ppi) for bright, vivid image quality.
- New faster processor—With a new octa-core 2.0 GHz processor and 2 GB RAM, easily switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web.
- New longer battery life—Up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life, giving you the flexibility to go wherever the day takes you.
- Plenty of storage—The most storage available on a Fire tablet, starting at 32 or 64 GB, and support for up to 512 GB of expandable storage via microSD. Plus, enjoy free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire tablets.
- New faster charging—Easier and even faster charging with USB-C (2.0).
- Dolby Atmos audio—Custom-tuned, stereo speakers for immersive and high-quality sound.
- Enhanced dual band Wi-Fi—Stream your favorite videos with enhanced 802.11ac Wi-Fi support.
- Incredible reliability—As measured in tumble tests, Fire HD 10 is 4x as durable as the latest iPad Pro—and costs hundreds of dollars less.
- New picture-in-picture—Watch your favorite videos from Prime Video, Twitch, Netflix, STARZ, and more, while also browsing the web, checking email, reviewing your calendar, or visiting Facebook.
- Alexa hands-free—With always-ready, hands-free access to Alexa, you can control video and music playback, launch apps, get news and sports scores, display the weather, and more.
- Front- and rear- facing cameras—Video chat or Drop In with friends and family using the HD 720p front-facing camera and Alexa Communications. Use the 2 MP rear-facing camera to take photos and share or save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage for all pictures taken on Fire tablets.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, For You, X-Ray, Second Screen, Family Library, Blue Shade, On Deck, and more.
- Amazon FreeTime—With award-winning parental controls, parents can use Amazon FreeTime to create child profiles to limit screen time, set educational goals, and manage content. FreeTime is free on every Fire tablet—or subscribe to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited to access over 20,000 titles, starting at just $2.99 per month.
- Screen Sharing—Let an Amazon expert guide you remotely through any feature on your screen, available 24×7, 365 days a year—for free.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.