Today Amazon announced its selections for Best Books of the Year So Far as chosen by Amazon’s editors. The list includes big-hearted novels, thrilling mysteries, moving memoirs, laugh-out-loud picture books, and more. City of Girls: A Novel by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love) tops the list this year.
This annual list features the Top 10 books of the year so far, published between January and June 2019, as well as top picks across various categories including literary fiction, mystery and thrillers, biography, children’s and young adult.
Over the course of the year, the Amazon Books editorial team reads hundreds of thousands of pages of new releases to select the Best Books of the Month as well as the Best Books of the Year So Far and at the end of the year, the Best Books of the Year. To learn more about the team, and read author interviews, book features, and more, visit www.amazonbookreview.com
Here is the top 10
- City of Girls: A Novel by Elizabeth Gilbert (Riverhead Books)
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (Celadon Books)
- Once More We Saw Stars: A Memoir by Jayson Greene (Knopf)
- Mrs. Everything: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner (Atria Books)
- The Night Tiger: A Novel by Yangsze Choo (Flatiron Books)
- Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Ballantine Books)
- Underland: A Deep Time Journey by Robert Macfarlane (W.W. Norton & Company)
- The Unwinding of the Miracle by Julie Yip-Williams (Random House)
- Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir by Ruth Reichl (Random House)
- Cari Mora: A Novel by Thomas Harris (Grand Central Publishing)
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.