Onyx Boox has just released a new firmware update for the entire MAX2 series, Note series, Nova series and the Poke Pro. The 2.1.1 update that simplifies the note taking experience and this includes new color options for when you export the document to your PC/MAC smartphone or tablet.
1. Optimize UI;
2. Simplify the note-taking operation. Now allow writing directly by stylus and turning pages or menu by fingers;
3. Improve PDF saving speed;
4. Add color writing to PDF functions, including black, white, red, blue and green(visible after exporting to PC)
5. Sidenote now is associated with documents instead of pages.
6. Add word contrast setting.
7. Add touch area custom function(the screen is divided into 9 areas, every area can be customized except for the central one) ;
Note taking functionalities:
1. Optimize the UI of note toolbar;
2. Add handwriting recognition function(Internet connection required for the first time);
3. Add color writing to PDF functions, including black, white, red, blue and green(visible after exporting to PC)
4. Add template download from the cloud;
5. Allow turning pages by fingers;
6. Now automatically add a new page when to turn after the last page.
1. Add directory pattern to the library, display files by storage directory(only display files in specified folders);
2. The default language of the handwriting recognition function is English. Need to download packages for other languages;
3. Add Navigation Ball (assistive touch) for quick settings;
4. Allow to change settings of optimization while using apps(Navigation Ball required);
5. Add optimizations for app background and font color.
6. Add category for App Store. Multiple file download is supported.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.