The Onyx Boox Nova Pro and Note Pro have finally received the 2.1.2 firmware update. The stock e-reading software has received a major update and the note taking app can now transcribe your voice into text. Onyx is now the first major e-reader brand to support audio to text conversion software that is using AI.
Neo Reader 3.0:
- Now highlight and dictionary are available in sidenote mode, but TTS is not supported.
- Now sidenote can be switched to another side (right to left), or turned upside down.
- Now the reading status time format is the same as the system’s.
- Now the bookmark can be renamed.
- Fix a bug where highlight disappears after operations of copy, search, etc.
- Fix a bug where certain words are only affected by image contrast.
- Fix a bug where words overlap on the left page in double page mode.
- Fix a bug where pages cannot be turned in certain TXT files.
- Fix a bug where the area is not writable after virtual keys are hidden.
- Fix a bug where bookmarks are not synced with real pages.
- Fix a bug causing current page out of sync when dragging progress bar.
- Fix a bug where annotation cannot embed in image PDF format.
- Fix a bug affecting blank note export.
- Now words can be copied from apps to text input of keyboard.
- Now to copy and paste across pages are allowed.
- Now the note page can be re-ordered (under thumbnail).
- Fix a bug of ghosting after erasing.
- Adjust the writing area and button of keyboard.
- Add a speech-to-text function, long press space key to run it (only for models with MIC).
- Add a cover scanning function.
- Add Onyx account for file transfer and cloud backup. Log in with a phone number, email and Wechat account.
- Neo Reader is no longer the default way to open documents downloaded by third-party apps (based on supported apps).
- Fix a bug where Google Play automatically exit and verification fails.
- Speed up the library loading after a large number of books transferred.
- Now built-in dictionaries can be called out in the built-in browser.
- Fix bugs where certain apps randomly hang during use.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.