The Onyx Boox Nova Pro and Note Pro have finally received the 2.1.2 firmware update. The stock e-reading software has received a major update and the note taking app can now transcribe your voice into text. Onyx is now the first major e-reader brand to support audio to text conversion software that is using AI.
Neo Reader 3.0:
- Now highlight and dictionary are available in sidenote mode, but TTS is not supported.
- Now sidenote can be switched to another side (right to left), or turned upside down.
- Now the reading status time format is the same as the system’s.
- Now the bookmark can be renamed.
- Fix a bug where highlight disappears after operations of copy, search, etc.
- Fix a bug where certain words are only affected by image contrast.
- Fix a bug where words overlap on the left page in double page mode.
- Fix a bug where pages cannot be turned in certain TXT files.
- Fix a bug where the area is not writable after virtual keys are hidden.
- Fix a bug where bookmarks are not synced with real pages.
- Fix a bug causing current page out of sync when dragging progress bar.
- Fix a bug where annotation cannot embed in image PDF format.
- Fix a bug affecting blank note export.
- Now words can be copied from apps to text input of keyboard.
- Now to copy and paste across pages are allowed.
- Now the note page can be re-ordered (under thumbnail).
- Fix a bug of ghosting after erasing.
- Adjust the writing area and button of keyboard.
- Add a speech-to-text function, long press space key to run it (only for models with MIC).
- Add a cover scanning function.
- Add Onyx account for file transfer and cloud backup. Log in with a phone number, email and Wechat account.
- Neo Reader is no longer the default way to open documents downloaded by third-party apps (based on supported apps).
- Fix a bug where Google Play automatically exit and verification fails.
- Speed up the library loading after a large number of books transferred.
- Now built-in dictionaries can be called out in the built-in browser.
- Fix bugs where certain apps randomly hang during use.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.