Adobe Scan turns your phone or tablet into a scanning tool that automatically recognizes text. It allows users to capture images in a snap and transform them into brilliantly clear Adobe PDFs. When you snap a picture of any document or anything with printed text, Adobe Scan will automatically convert it into digital text that can be selected, copied or annotated with Acrobat Reader or Acrobat.
“Documents are the lifeblood of society, communicating information that spans contracts, textbooks, financial statements and everything in between,” said Abhay Parasnis, chief technology officer, Adobe. “The challenge is unlocking the intelligence that lives in those documents, and extracting meaning that can be searched, analyzed and incorporated into digital workflows. Adobe Scan, powered by Adobe Sensei’s intelligent services, represents a critical step toward our broader innovation imperative for Adobe Document Cloud.”
- Scan anything into high-quality PDFs with your mobile device. Automatically capture a shopping receipt, paper document, business card or whiteboard, or choose an image from your camera roll and Adobe Scan will do the rest. Powered by Adobe Sensei’s intelligent services, Adobe Scan automates boundary detection, auto-crop and capture, perspective correction and auto-clean, removing shadows and making text crisp and clear.
- Capture scanned text with free automatic text recognition (OCR). Snap a picture of any document or anything with printed text and Adobe Scan will automatically convert it into digital text that can be selected, copied or annotated with Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC. The content then becomes searchable and reusable in a secure and reliable Adobe PDF.
- Do more with your scans and connect with the world’s best document services from Adobe. Use the free Adobe Scan app and a free Adobe Document Cloud account to automatically upload, store, share and access your scanned files online. Subscribers to Acrobat DC can also unlock powerful functionality to edit and organize documents, collect signatures and much more. Scan on your phone and upload to Document Cloud to edit on your laptop then continue working with the document on your tablet. And take advantage of new mobile functionality in Adobe Sign to automatically sign and send documents from any device.
- the world’s first cloud-based digital signatures based on an open standard. Digital signatures, the most advanced and secure type of electronic signatures, are now available in any browser or on any mobile device.
- Cross-device signature capture – Easily capture a handwritten signature electronically, even when your computer isn’t touch-enabled. Send a text message to your mobile device and sign with your finger or a stylus, then finish the job back on your desktop. One tap adds it to your document automatically.
- Customizable email templates – Extend your brand and personalize customer interactions with fully-customizable email templates for requesting and confirming signatures. Give your marketing department full control to use your logo, banner images, custom messages and other visual treatments to create an experience that is unique to your brand.
- Business stamps – Improve compliance by letting participants add a visible business stamp to your document or form, such as a ‘received’ image or a company seal, or a personal identifier such as a Hanko stamp in Japan.
- Integration with ServiceNow – Accelerate onboarding and improve customer service by adding Adobe Sign to your ServiceNow workflows. Send contracts, agreements, and new hire forms directly from ServiceNow.
Adobe Scan just came out and is available for iOS and Android. Download it today from the Good e-Reader App Store.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.