Next week’s Frankfurt Book Fair has a reputation as one of the most not-to-be-missed events in publishing. Though its history goes back decades as a rights’ fair where foreign rights to books were sold, the event has grown to place greater emphasis on digital publishing, enhanced ebooks, self-publishing, and other innovative aspects of the industry.
At this year’s event, digital publishing solutions company Aquafadas will unveil the latest update to its platform, Digital Publishing System 3.0. Features of the new update will include:
- Publish content on the latest tablets available with newly optimized file formats including: Kindle Format 8 for Amazon Kindle
- Publish AVE files in an app: Google Play based on Android OS and Amazon App Store based on Android OS
- Web-Reader: AVE files embedded in a web reader based on Flash
- Updated version of Adobe InDesign plugin with the new ePUB exports and new Web-Reader, plus new features
- Brand new version of AVEpublishing.com – new offer also comes with an update of the Aquafadas website including a clear presentation of Aquafadas pricing
According to a press release on the announcement of the new update, “In addition to the technology showcase at the Frankfurt Book Fair, Japanese publishing giant Gakken, and Bayard, a leader in European publishing, will be joining Aquafadas for special demonstrations of their children’s books platforms. Bayard’s J’aime Lire Store, the number-one children’s digital media platform for tablets and computers, was developed in collaboration with Aquafadas. Gakken was inspired by the “kiddies’ corner” in the J’aime Lire Store designed for very young readers. The two publishers agreed to combine their editorial experience to achieve one shared ambition: to let children discover the best of editorial creations in digital form.”
Good e-Reader will be covering the interviews and events of next week’s Book Fair live from Frankfurt, including the CONTEC digital conference that kicks off the event.