Good e-Reader would like to introduce our first major Android app for smartphones and tablets. It is called Audio Reader and it turns any ebook into an audiobook. It reads aloud all of your sideloaded content using Amazon Polly, which is what Alexa is built on. We support 28 different languages and 12 different voices for English users.
We are the first Android app to employ Amazon Polly, which sounds way more natural for reading ebooks than Cortana, Google Voice Assistant or SIRI. Polly is the perfect narration tool for readers who want their books read aloud and don’t want the standard robotic voice that most TTS systems use.
There is a little over 36,000 audiobooks produced globally every year and most publishers want to focus on their front-list titles, most of the back-list is less of a priority. The average professionally narrated audiobook ranges from $15 to $49, which can get expensive. Audio Reader will narrate any EPUB/MOBI/PRC sideloaded books aloud with a natural sounding voice, for free!
• Turn any eBook into an audiobook
• Immersion Reading: Text is highlighted when the audiobook is playing.
• Audio Narration available in over 28 different languages.
• Select a male or a female voice
• Collection Management: Add books to your own personal collections.
• Dynamic Home Screen: Keeps track of all of your ebooks.
• Built in file manager to import in your favorite eBooks.
• You can import eBooks from your phones internal storage, SD or Google Drive
• Supported eBook formats: EPUB, MOBI, PRC, FB2, PDF
• Bright and Vibrant eBook cover art.
• Change fonts, text size, margins and much more.
• Change the background of the book you are reading or adjust the brightness.
• PDF User Guide will teach you how to use the app
• You can forgo the Polly System and just read with our advanced parser and rendering engine.
There are a few professional features if you enjoy using the app on a regular basis or want to give us your support. You can remove all of the ads and unlock cloud sync and Google Drive support.
This app took over six months to develop and looks really good. It has a flat design and looks sexier than most of the other e-reader apps on Google Play. If you don’t feel like having your books read aloud, no worries! We have a really advanced engine that is similar to the Kindle or Nook, you can change the background color, text size, font type, line spacing and margins.
Good e-Reader has been following the rise of the e-reader and ebook industry since 2007 and has given us a unique perspective. We have been bullish on Audiobooks since 2014 when Michael Kozlowski wrote a series of yearly reports. Good e-Reader knows audiobooks and ebooks really well, this app is our love letter.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.