Pocketbook has just issued the long-awaited firmware version 6.0 for PocketBook InkPad 3 Pro and the Pocketbook Touch HD 3 e-readers. There is a brand new bookstore available, which you can purchase bestselling ebooks and audiobooks. The main menu and UI has undergone a total redesign and there is a new music player. These new e-readers also have compatibility with EPUB3.
Pocketbook has confirmed with Good e-Reader that other models will receive this update in the coming weeks. This is also the firmware that the upcoming Pocketbook Color will be running out of the box. Here is a full changelog of all of the new features and enhancements.
- The new online bookstore Pocketbook.de is a modern online store with a large selection of literature, an intuitive interface, and a convenient search for books. Please note that the Bookland store is still open and accessible through the web browser.
- The new design of the main menu: a list of recommendations with selected books (latest novels, bestsellers) has been added. As well as the ability of personal configuration of the e-reader’s Home Screen: user can add application icons, enable or disable book recommendations, etc.
- Application design update: firmware version 6.0 changes the graphical user interface of applications as well as notification, control, and app panels. Separately, we note an even more concise design of the Music Player application for listening to audiobooks.
- EPUB3 is another book format that PocketBook e-readers can display. Thus, InkPad 3 Pro now supports 20 book, 4 graphic and 3 audio formats, which is a real record for such devices.
- The authorization system has become even more convenient. Thanks to the new firmware, now you can use one account to log in to PocketBook Cloud, PocketBook Store, and other branded services. The option of authorization in the account is also available through scanning the QR code in the PocketBook Reader mobile app via a smartphone.
- The e-reader will work even faster. Installing firmware 6.0 will positively affect the performance of PocketBook InkPad 3 Pro and Touch HD 3 – the device quickly wakes up from sleep mode, the touch panel responds better than ever, and typing in handwriting mode has become smoother.
Michael Kozlowski has written about audiobooks and e-readers for the past twelve years. Newspapers and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times have picked up his articles. He Lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.