Kobo is now responsible for all firmware development for all of the Tolino e-readers and there is a new update available for the Epos and Shine 3. There is now an enlarge mode for the main UI and everything that is displayed on the screen, which is great for people with vision disorders.
Here is a complete rundown of the new 12.2.0 firmware.
- Magnification mode (Tolino Epos only).
- New function for deleting the browsing history.
- Now you can deactivate the Home Buttons while reading or go back to the homescreen or to the light setting via gesture control.
- Left-handed mode in read setting (adjustable page change to left / right).
- Sleep screen will now show cover art of the last book read.
- We now support a new encryption method for content called LCP (including CARE). LCP allows you to open books from even more sources. It allows reading books without Adobe DRM and offers a much more user-friendly experience.
- Bariol was implemented as a new system font.
- Better handling of fonts when importing text.
- We improved performance in many areas, fixed bugs and provided more stability.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.