Amazon announced a few days ago that the Fire Tablet is getting a number of new colors and more storage options. Fire will be available in three new colors: magenta, blue, and tangerine, and with either 8 GB of internal storage for $49.99 or with 16 GB for $69.99 so that customers can take even more movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps, and games with them on-the-go. The new Fire colors and storage options are available starting today at: www.amazon.com/fire. Fire Kids Edition will also be available with 16 GB of internal storage for just $119.99 starting today at www.amazon.com/FireKET.
“Fire is the fastest-selling Amazon tablet ever, with millions sold since its launch,” said Kevin Keith, GM, Fire Tablets. “We’re excited to introduce Fire with bright new colors and even more storage—so that customers can enjoy a great entertainment experience on a fun, colorful tablet starting at less than $50.”
Millions of customers are already enjoying Fire. For less than $50 it includes:
- Beautiful 7” IPS display—A great viewing experience with vivid and accurate color reproduction that can be seen at all angles.
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor—Quickly and easily switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web without waiting for your tablet to catch up.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the front-facing camera, take and share photos, and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on Fire devices.
- Up to 128 GB of expandable storage via microSD—In addition to internal storage options, with support for microSD cards, Fire offers plenty of storage to enjoy even more videos, music, games, and photos while offline.
- All-day battery life—With up to 7 hours of mixed use battery life, Fire gives you the flexibility to go wherever the day takes you.
- Fire OS 5 “Bellini”—Including an updated user interface that replicates the look and feel of a magazine, making browsing and searching for your content easier than ever.
- Blue Shade—Uses specialized filters to limit exposure to blue light for a more comfortable nighttime reading experience on a tablet.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon FreeTime, Family Library, Word Runner, and more.
- World’s best content ecosystem—Access to 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps, and games—with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.