E Ink has experienced a massive financial windfall thanks to a myriad of new e-readers that have been released in the past two months. The company generated $158.8 million for the third quarter of 2017, surging 29.8% sequentially and 7.8% on the year.
The increase in profitability is primarily attributed to the resurgence in e-reader sales. There has been a number of new devices that have been released in the past few months; the Kindle Oasis, Nook Glowlight 3, Kobo Aura One 32GB, Tolino EPOS and orders from other vendors such as Onyx.
Sales of e-book readers and e-paper notebooks together accounted for 70% of E Ink’s third-quarter revenues, with the remaining 30% from IoT applications including smart cards, electronic shelf labels (ESL), e-paper display solutions, and mobile and wearable devices.
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.