Father’s Day is occurring on June 19th and there’s just enough time to pick up a brand new e-reader for the dad who loves to read.
One of the best deals around is the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3 that was released last year. It is more affordable than the Kindle Oasis and Kindle Voyage. The PW3 features The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3 has a e-ink Carta display screen with a resolution of 1430×1080 and 300 PPI. This is a huge upgrade from the 2013 model which only had 1024×768 and 212 PPI. The PW2 remains one of the most popular Father’s Day finds.
Which e-reader is right for your dad? That all depends on what matters to him the most in terms of features and design. If your dad wants:
- All the bells and whistles: consider the waterproof Tolino Vision 3HD (Rating: 9/10) with over 25 GB of e-book storage over the cloud (available in Europe only)
- If you want to purchase your dad an e-reader that runs Android apps, you can checkout the Icarus XL or the Inkbook 8.
- A bigger screen: try the Onyx Inc. BOOX Max, Good e-Reader 13.3 or the Sony DPT S-1.
- A lot of storage space: try the BOOX N96, it has 16 GB of storage space, quadruple what you’re going to get with basically everything else out there.
- A budget friendly price-point: go with the Amazon Fire Tablet (Rating 7.5/10) which starts at $50
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and Verge.