Father’s Day is occurring on June 19th and there’s just enough time to pick up a brand new e-reader for the dad who loves to read.
One of the best deals around is the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3 that was released last year. It is more affordable than the Kindle Oasis and Kindle Voyage. The PW3 features The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3 has a e-ink Carta display screen with a resolution of 1430×1080 and 300 PPI. This is a huge upgrade from the 2013 model which only had 1024×768 and 212 PPI. The PW2 remains one of the most popular Father’s Day finds.
Which e-reader is right for your dad? That all depends on what matters to him the most in terms of features and design. If your dad wants:
- All the bells and whistles: consider the waterproof Tolino Vision 3HD (Rating: 9/10) with over 25 GB of e-book storage over the cloud (available in Europe only)
- If you want to purchase your dad an e-reader that runs Android apps, you can checkout the Icarus XL or the Inkbook 8.
- A bigger screen: try the Onyx Inc. BOOX Max, Good e-Reader 13.3 or the Sony DPT S-1.
- A lot of storage space: try the BOOX N96, it has 16 GB of storage space, quadruple what you’re going to get with basically everything else out there.
- A budget friendly price-point: go with the Amazon Fire Tablet (Rating 7.5/10) which starts at $50
Michael Kozlowski is the Editor in Chief of Good e-Reader. He has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the past ten years. His articles have been picked up by major and local news sources and websites such as the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and the New York Times.